What to Expect:
Virtual American Airlines and Virtual American Eagle welcomes pilots of all experience levels and backgrounds. We are happy to welcome new members to the organization and by completing an online entrance exam then an application for employment. This is the first two-step's to become a Virtual American Airlines and or a Virtual American Eagle pilot.
From the flight simulation beginner to the real world pilot, there are plenty of opportunities here for you to learn, advance and grow within our Virtual Airline. In order for you to be hired by Virtual American Airlines or Virtual American Eagle, it is very important that applicants understand that we strive to maintain a complete professionalism, fun, and a rewarding environment, while - at the same time - ensuring that a certain level of professionalism and proper conduct is in place
We expect you to Use our kACARS and fly the assigned flights, We don't do check rides.
We don't require you to fly on IVAO or VATSIM but do require you to have a valid IVAO or VATSIM ID.
We do require that you to communicate with us on a weekly basis via Team Speak 3.
We will provide real world American Airlines and American Eagle routes and fleet aircraft that will allow you to visit new destinations
We will reward you for your participation and dedication.
If you feel that you meet the following requirements below, the please click on the "Apply Now" button below to continue with your application process.
VAA's Acar System supports Flight Simulator 2004, FSX and X-Plane. Our Fleet downloads do not support X-Plane
IF YOU DONT PLAN TO FLY, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU !
- I am older or at the minimum 13 years of age requirement
- I understad that only 100 Hrs may follow me to Virtual American Airlines or Virtual American Eagle
- I understand that I must pass an entrance exam with a score of 60% or greater to meet membership requirements
- I Understand that I must pass a Captain's Exam to be hired by Virtual American Airlines and be promoted to Rank of Captain
- I do Own a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, FSX or XPlane.
- I understand that I must be able to commit to a minimum of 5 flights or minimum of 3 hours of logged flight time every 30 days
- I understand that after registration that I am required to fly my first flight and have downloaded and contacted staff on Team Speak3 within the 1st 48 Hrs. of my hire date
- I understand that I Must have a valid VATSIM ID
- I must have and maintain a valid email address
- I agree that I must Have a working microphone to use on the Team Speak3 Server for communications
- I agree and understand that all flights must be flown from last destination point
- I agree that no slewing is allowed at any time for any flights that are being recorded as a PIREP.
- I must Maintain a landing rating of -500fpm or lower, I must be able to take-off, navigate a course, and land successfully. If you have problems with any of these, I will review the lessons offered in my flight simulator. (Note that we offer advanced flight training, which is available to all members).
- I will be required to download and install kACARS for this is our pilot reporting system. All flights assigned must be flown using the assigned fleet aircraft for this stand-alone program. The program is free to all Virtual American pilots.
- I understand that all fields on the registration page must be filled in and correct
- I understand that false information on registration page will result in termination of membership
- I understand that no applicant can hold a staff position at any other VA. unless pre-approved
- I also understand that NO Member information will be shared outside of the VAA Community and that NO PILOT ID's will be deleted after an approved application.